Zacks Mobile App
News, commentary and events are from third-party sources unaffiliated with Fidelity. Fidelity makes no guarantees that information supplied is accurate, complete, or timely, and does https://dotbig.com/markets/stocks/PYPL/ not provide any warranties regarding results obtained from their use. The Zacks Industry Rank assigns a rating to each of the 265 X Industries based on their average Zacks Rank.
PYPL 52-week high stock quote is $310.16, which is 182.00% above the current share price. The next day, the stock had its biggest percentage drop—25%—since spinning off from eBay in 2015. Three insiders, including PayPal’s top executive, stepped PYPL stock up and bought $2.5 million of shares. For 2022, PayPal forecast earnings per share in a range of $4.60 to $4.75 per share, roughly 10% below Wall Street estimates. PayPal 2022 profit guidance and its outlook for customer growth missed as well.
Zacks Mobile App
There’s also a VGM Score (‘V’ for Value, ‘G’ for Growth and ‘M’ for Momentum), which combines the weighted average of the individual https://www.plus500.com/en-US/Trading/Forex style scores into one score. The Style Scores are a complementary set of indicators to use alongside the Zacks Rank.
- Two research analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, thirteen have assigned a hold rating and twenty-eight have given a buy rating to the company.
- Nearly two years of gains have been wiped from PayPal Holdings’ market value since the payments company reported a disappointing fourth quarter with cringe-inducing guidance after the market closed Feb. 1.
- With earnings fast approaching, there’s no reason to make an impulsive move into PYPL stock at this time.
- Today PYPL stock price opened at $111.64 after previous close of $109.81.
- I/we have a beneficial long position in the shares of PYPL, BABA, MA, SCHW, SHOP, TCEHY, TSLA, V, VOO either through stock ownership, options, or other derivatives.
- It is reasonable to expect, if no significant change happens to the e-commerce sector, PayPal stock price will continue its constant climb upwards.
It allows the user to better focus on the stocks that are the best fit for his or her personal trading style. Beyond what I’ve stated above, we have also rated the stocks for Stability, Momentum, Value, and Growth. V’s trailing-12-month revenue of $25.48 billion is higher than PYPL’s $25.37 billion. V is also more profitable with a gross profit margin and net income margin of 97.07% and 51.59%, compared to PYPL’s 46.99% and 16.43%, respectively.
We’d like to share more about how we work and what drives our day-to-day business. A turbulent month in the markets doesn’t throw ETF investors off course. We continue to believe the narrow moat company is well-positioned to benefit from secular trends Forex over time as we maintain our FVE. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article. I/we have a beneficial long position in the shares of PYPL, SHOP either through stock ownership, options, or other derivatives.
A year earlier, PayPal earned $1.08 a share on sales of $6.12 billion. The SMR Rating, meanwhile, highlights a company’s sales, profit margins and return on equity. Such metrics offer significant insight into a company’s fundamental strength. Driven by PayPal’s double-digit sales growth in recent quarters, 24% annual pretax margin and 26% annual ROE in 2021, the SMR Rating is an A. Impact of held for sale accounting presentation related to US consumer credit receivables portfolio on cash flow from operating activities. 2017 is adjusted up by $1,299 million and 2018 is adjusted down by $1,508 million.